Sonic speed digestion for complex proteomics samples!


I just got back from a couple weeks in amazingly beautiful southern Portugal. Great climbing, beautiful beaches, cool people, and the best $2 wine in the world.

I didn't actually intend to be disconnected from this hobby, but I dropped my laptop -- due, in no way whatsoever, to the awesome $2 wine.

I'll be backlogging posts for a bit, though, TONS of cool stuff came out recently!

But first -- SONIC HORN SPEED DIGESTION!


My library doesn't provide digital access to Talanta any longer, but I think this tool is super cool. Why wouldn't ultrasonic treatment speed up sample digestion?!?


According to the abstract they get to full tryptic digestion in 5 MIN!!  It's exciting to see some good science out of Portugal, as well as sonar contributing something positive to our field!